compensation: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 plus target 15% Bonus + employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
My Client is a large Pulp and Paper manufacturer in Northern Ontario.
They currently require a sharp and experienced Assistant Superintendent for their Mill in
Reporting to the Power and Recovery Superintendent, your key job functions include:
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Steam Plant Area including all mill utilities such as air, water, steam and electricity.
• Assist in the Recovery Area including one black liquor recovery boiler along with a black liquor evaporating system and associated auxiliary equipment as required.
• Provide effective leadership for Shift Engineers and operating crews by establishing and managing systems to track operating centerlines and targets; coordinate and prioritize maintenance requirements for shut downs and daily work; establish and communicate effectively Standard Operating Procedures and ensure operator training requirements are met.
Must Have Skills/Experience:
• Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer's certificate valid in the province of Ontario.
• Five (5) years minimum experience with steam plant operation and kraft recovery process
• Ability to lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team to achieve meaningful results.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to study and write 1st class exams towards acquiring an Ontario Operating Engineer 1st class certificate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers